Thursday 21 February 2013

Book Review : Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

I'm here with another review.
^_^

Genre : Fantasy

What is this book about?

The story follows Tessa Gray who comes England to meet her brother, Nate Gray and she is kidnapped by the Dark Sisters. These people are also responsible for the abduction of her brother. They threaten to harm her brother if she doesn't do as they say and she soon discovers the dangerous power that she has. This power drags her into a complex world of Shadowhunters, Warlocks, Vampires and other creatures. The quest to save her brother may not be as simple as she thinks it is.

What do I think?

Thumbs up:
1. The characters are very likable. I normally get annoyed by female main characters. I wasn't with Tessa. She is ridiculously brave or strong or sarcastic. She has realistic flaws and she doesn't make stupid decisions.
I'm quite fond of the love interest as well. Ahhhh.
2. The plot pacing was just nice. The action scenes were superb but the more relaxed scenes were wonderful as well.
3. It has a healthy amount of characters and diversity.
4. The literature references from A Tale of Two Cities and Jane Austen.
5. The plot twists. Oh my, cleverly put. I did not see them coming AT ALL.

Things I don't care enough for:
1. Cassandra Clare's writing. Maybe i just haven't absorbed her style just yet since I whizzed through this book in 2 days.

Some quotes:

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us."

Will's eyes were very blue."There's plenty of sense in nonsense sometimes, if you wish to look for it."

Overall, 5 stars out of 5.

I didn't really like The Mortal Instruments Series that much but I love this one. Check it out! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment