Wednesday 27 February 2013

2013 Bookish Resolutions

Hello there.
How was your day?

I know it's already February but hey, better late than never.
So here goes.

Resolution #1
I want to read all the books on my shelf that haven't been read.
There are a total of 33 books which isn't too overwhelming but still, I should read more of what I have before buying new books.

Which brings me to...

Resolution #2
I am only allowed to buy one book for every five books that I read; with an exception of money that my parents give me and the Big Bad Wolf Sale at the end of the year.

Resolution #3
I want to read more classics. I read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen last year and absolutely loved it! Authors on my list are Jane Austen (ah, of course), Charles Dickens, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the Bronte sisters.

Resolution #4
I want to finish the-..wait, don't get mad....-Harry Potter series. Are you done yelling?
I know, I know. My childhood was not complete. :D
Since the last books in the series are quite thick, I'd like to have the classic hardback box set. And it doesn't come cheap. = ="
I've read up to Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. I love it so much already. What's not to love?

Resolution #5
Finish my non-fiction books. I don't have a lot; probably 10 of my own. Non-fiction books are a bit of a challenge for me. I don't whizz through them as fast and in my defense, I read them slow because I want to make sure that I remember key points in the book. I only read one non-fiction book last year so I might be stretching my resolution too far, but that's not stopping me from trying my best.

Resolution #6
Review books all the books that I read (starts after this post).

Resolution #7
Continuously update this blog with quality posts. Resolutions, contrary to the common saying, are not meant to be broken. At least I don't think so. ^_^

If all goes well, then,..... well, what else could I be but happy?

Tweedle-dee Tweedle-dum.
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment